Revision Control in pgAdmin/PostgreSQL

From: Douglas Bates <bates(at)stat(dot)wisc(dot)edu>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Alan Zaslavsky <zaslavsk(at)hcp(dot)med(dot)harvard(dot)edu>, Saikat DebRoy <saikat(at)stat(dot)wisc(dot)edu>, Deepayan Sarkar <deepayan(at)cs(dot)wisc(dot)edu>
Subject: Revision Control in pgAdmin/PostgreSQL
Date: 2001-12-26 19:33:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

I use pgadmin 1.1.72 to connect to a PostgreSQL 7.1.3 server running
on a Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (testing) machine.

After connecting to the server and selecting a database, one of the
properties that is displayed is whether the database has Revision
Control. On my server that is always "No".

The only place I have ever seen Revision Control for PostgreSQL
mentioned is in pgAdmin. In 1.1.72 there are even icons on the icon
bar 1.1.72 that deal specifically with revision control. However, I
have searched the documentation for pgAdmin and for PostgreSQL and can
find no mention of Revision Control or how I would enable it.

Can anyone suggest where I could read about this? I am very
interested in this capability.

--
Douglas Bates bates(at)stat(dot)wisc(dot)edu
Statistics Department 608/262-2598