Re: new survey idea

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: new survey idea
Date: 2006-03-01 08:45:17
Lists: pgsql-www

> > > MS Office doesn't include a reporting tool.
> >
> > Uh, you can use Access as a reportig tool to any ODBC
> database, can't
> > you? Not a very good one, but you can create reports...
>
> You can use Excel as well, but it doesn't make it a reporting
> tool like Crystal for example.

Well, if the definition of "reporting tool" is "impossible to package
for automated installations, and impossible to use unless all your users
are administrators on their machines", no it's not ;-)

But seriously. Crystal comes in two flavours, I think? One client based
(that sucks beyond recognition, and can be compared to access) and one
server based (that I don't know the suckage factor of, but that I guess
you're referring to).

If it was an actual scientific survey, we'd need to clearly specify if
we were talking about server or client or hybrid products. In this case,
I really don't think it matters that much :-)

//Magnus