Re: one for our brag page

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "elein" <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, "Darcy Buskermolen" <darcyb(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: one for our brag page
Date: 2006-09-25 21:51:30
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> > > Safeway -- "A retail environment across 3000 servers for business
> > > critical applications."
> > >
> > > Can someone list Safeway on the Featured User Pages?
> > >
> > > I eked out a one liner description that is OK with Safeway. It
> > > would be nice to have a short description of the usage of
> PostgreSQL
> > > on the featured user pages so that we know a bit of what all of
> > > these companies are using postgres for.
> >
> > So what are they using PG for (beyond the fuzzy business critical
> > applications)?
> >

> That is the public description of what we are doing. I
> cannot disclose the details other than we are also using
> slony. You are supposed to say "oooh! 3000 servers" and
> forget to ask for details :)

Well ,for the website we now pretty much have a plain listing (just the
company name), a case study (but it doesn't seem they're ready for that,
right?) or a quote (listed on a page and randomly rotated to the
frontpage). Any chance you can get such a quote out of somebody who
works there, that we can stick in the archive?

(I've added them to the plain list)

I'd certainly not mind seeing a more complete description for each
company, but it'll certainly look weird if we add it for just one of
them...

//Magnus