Re: Building with Visual C++

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Chuck McDevitt" <cmcdevitt(at)greenplum(dot)com>, <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Building with Visual C++
Date: 2006-04-24 20:25:48
Lists: pgsql-patches

> I've done a similar thing myself (building the complete
> backend with Visual Studio 2005). I got it to basically
> work, but stopped due to lack of interest in the PostgreSQL community.

Well, I'm one of those previously with lack of interest :-)

The main difference between what I'm trying now from most of what I've
seen before is that I *don't* want to create a separate build
environment that needs to be maintained. Instead have a conversion
script from our current one to a VC compatible one.

> But, I'd be happy to help out your effort in any way I can.

Thanks. There'll be plenty of pieces to pick up once I'm done with the
initial version of the script :-)

//Magnus