Dangerous code in syslogger?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "PostgreSQL Win32 port list" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Dangerous code in syslogger?
Date: 2004-11-05 20:13:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

I'm trying to track down a problem with socket inheritance and the
syslogger, and I noticed something that I think is very dangerous code:
The function pipeThread() is called on a non-default thread, and yet
uses ereport(). ereport() is, AFAIK, not thread-safe. Am I mistaken
here, or is this a crash waiting to happen?

//Magnus