Re: Build error

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Build error
Date: 2004-04-24 03:15:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> This looks like the "failed to fake-symlink using copy" error.

> Is there any workaround for this?

Use a real OS? ;-)

> Maybe we could look at having
> configure loop a few times trying to make the (fake) symlink - I know
> it's hackish, but if it works ...

Seriously, I do not like the idea of kluging configure to try to work
around an effect we don't understand. If we do not understand the
problem then we can have zero confidence in any fix. Let's find out
*why* this is happening, first, and then maybe a real solution will be
apparent.