pgadmin error

From: "Charlie Holleran" <charles(dot)holleran(at)shiftenergy(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgadmin error
Date: 2012-05-16 14:04:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Is there a way to configure the JDBC driver that pgadmin uses to access the db's? I'm using pg's postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar in my code and I get the correct values from the db. But pgadmin does not get the correct values back. pgadmin is rounding real's to 6 significant digits, independent of the magnitude of the value. real's obviously have an issue with resolution as the magnitude of the number increases. But this pgadmin issue is not magnitude dependent. Second the real datatype issue loses resolution in power of 2's. pgadmin is losing in the power of 10's. It seems like a string parsing issue in the jdbc that only parses the first 6 digits.

So I'd like to configure pgadmin to use the same jdbc driver as my code. Which works. Where can I set the driver for pgadmin?

Charlie Holleran