Re: Auto vacuum

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <robert(at)omniti(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Auto vacuum
Date: 2007-04-19 17:54:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

I certainly appreciate the help you've given. Here's what the code
in this part of postgresql.conf file says.

autovacuum = on

autovacuum_naptime = 30 # time between autovacuum runs, in secs
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 500 # min # of tuple updates before
# vacuum
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 250 # min # of tuple updates before
# analyze
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.2 # fraction of rel size before
# vacuum
autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor = 0.1 # fraction of rel size before
# analyze
autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay = -1 # default vacuum cost delay for
# autovac, -1 means use
# vacuum_cost_delay
#autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit = -1 # default vacuum cost limit for
# autovac, -1 means use
# vacuum_cost_limit

Thanks so much,

Carol Walter