anyarray

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: anyarray
Date: 2015-02-13 15:20:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Some of users of intarray contrib module wish to use its features with another
kind of arrays, not only for int4 type. Suggested module generalizes intarray
over other (not all) types op pgsql.

Anyarray also provides a calculation of similarity two one dimensinal arrays
similar to smlar module. Anyarray module doesn't provide an something similar to
query_int feature of intarray, because this feature is very hard to implement
(it requires new pseudo-type anyquery), it is close to impossible to have
operation extensibility and it's complicated queries are hidden from pgsql's
optimizer (like to jsquery). As far I know, query_int isn't very popular for now.

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

Attachment Content-Type Size
anyarray-1.patch.gz application/x-gzip 53.3 KB