Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates

From: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates
Date: 2014-11-13 01:03:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Here is version 2 of the patch which detects the presence of gcc/clang
style 128-bit integers and has been cleaned up to a reviewable state. I
have not added support for any other compilers since I found no
documentation 128-bit support with icc or MSVC. I do not have access to
any Windows machines either.

A couple of things I was not sure about was the naming of the new
functions and if I should ifdef the size of the aggregate state in the
catalog or not.

--
Andreas Karlsson

Attachment Content-Type Size
int128-agg-v2.patch text/x-patch 0 bytes