Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!

From: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What do do about Object-Relational label, was Help me improve the 9.2 release announcement!
Date: 2012-08-09 21:11:52
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Maybe call it "extensible-relational", which should be inclusive enough to
include things like user-defined types / polymorphism / overloading / etc but
should still put the emphasis on "relational".

Also, the above 2 words essentially rhyme / have 4 syllables each.

Personally I consider "relational" by itself to include user-defined types et
al; however I support the longer term for marketing purposes with people that
think of the term "relational" more narrowly to exclude user-defined types.

-- Darren Duncan