Re: Austin PGDay Speaker(s)

From: Jon Erdman <postgresql(at)thewickedtribe(dot)net>
To: "austinpug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <austinpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>, Steven Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(dot)berkus(at)pgexperts(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, Rob Brucks <rob(dot)brucks(at)rackspace(dot)com>, Corey_Horton(at)Dell(dot)com, Will Leinweber <will(at)heroku(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)enova(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Austin PGDay Speaker(s)
Date: 2012-02-03 15:21:56
Lists: austinpug

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that we are expecting to pick up
the airfare and hotel for out of town speakers, except perhaps Magnus
(assuming he comes) since he's coming from Europe, but for him we hope
to work something out with the NYC PGDay team where we share that cost
between the two events.

The sponsorship situation will determine how many speakers we can
swing, and so far we've definitely got money from Enova, and very
likely PG.us, and hopefully VMWare. We'll be reaching out to other
potential sponsors as things solidify.

Stay tuned, and please let us know if you would like to speak (as few
of you already have). Oh, and please include Jim Nasby on replies
related to speaking.
- --
Jon T Erdman (aka StuckMojo)
PostgreSQL Zealot

On 02/02/2012 08:33 PM, Jon Erdman wrote:

> So I was chatting on IRC today, and guess who's interested? The
> illustrious Andrew Dunstan, and he's already got a talk on
> pg+json+plv8 which would be quite a cool topic, based on the plv8
> talk I went to in Amsterdam by Will Leinweber from Heroku.
>
> I've copied him here, as well as a few other usual suspects as
> prospective speakers:
>
> Andrew Dunstan Steven Frost Josh Berkus Greg Smith David Fetter
> (already said he can't make it) Joe Conway (same, but who knows?)
> Bruce Momjian (tentatively committed) Magnus Hagander Josh Drake
> Jonathan Katz Will Leinweber Rob Brucks (Local Rackspace DBA) Corey
> Horton (Local Dell MessageOne DBA)
>
> For those of you that don't know, we're looking to have it on
> 3/28/2012 and it looks like we've found a venue for 100 people in
> a classroom setting for only $350 (Katz I know you hate me right
> now!) in nice a hotel with reasonable rooms @ $139/night. As a
> result we might be able to bring in more speakers than we
> originally thought, depending on how much more sponsorship we can
> pick up.
>
> Those of you who think you'd like to speak, please reply! If you
> can think of anyone else you might be interested, please forward
> this.
>
> FYI Average high temps in Austin on 3/28 are 75F with a record of
> 98F ;)

Attachment Content-Type Size
0x9D068521.asc application/pgp-keys 2.1 KB