Re: [WIP] RE: DECLARE STATEMENT setting up a connection in ECPG

From: "Ideriha, Takeshi" <ideriha(dot)takeshi(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [WIP] RE: DECLARE STATEMENT setting up a connection in ECPG
Date: 2017-01-06 09:10:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi
Thank you for looking over my patch.

> Thank you. Would it be possible for you to re-create the patch without the
> white-space changes?

I'm sorry for adding redundant white-spaces.
Attached is a correct version.

> I noticed that the docs say the statement is a PostgreSQL addon.
> However, I think other databases do have the same statement, or don't they?

Yes, other databases such as Oracle and DB2 also have the same statement.
I fixed docs and mentioned the above databases in the compatibility section.

But I'm not sure whether I should mention the other databases explicitly
because the other command docs don't mention Oracle or so explicitly in compatibility section
as long as I read.

Regards,
Ideriha, Takeshi

Attachment Content-Type Size
001_declareStatement_v2.patch application/octet-stream 334.3 KB