Re: ruby connect

From: Scott Bailey <artacus(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ruby connect
Date: 2009-06-02 01:55:04
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> I’m trying to connect ruby to postgres on ubuntu and the only link I
> found that has the library is down. Does anyone have the postgres
> library for ruby? Or direct me to it?

Yeah, I think this is an area that we need to address if we want to see
wider adoption of Postgres. I started out to write a postgres utility in
Ruby. I think I eventually got it to work. But by that time I was
convinced that noone would actually go thru that much hassle in order to
try out the app. So I wrote it in Python instead. But if I was a Ruby
developer setting out to write a database application, I'm sure I would
have given up on Postgres and used MySQL instead.

Scott