Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hot standby and b-tree killed items
Date: 2008-12-19 18:53:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>>> Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> I understand the need, but we won't be using SQLSTATE = 40001.
>
> That corresponds to ERRCODE_T_R_SERIALIZATION_FAILURE, which that
error
> would not be.

Isn't it a problem with serialization of database transactions? You
hit it in a different way, but if it is a temporary failure due to the
timing of the transactions, I strongly feel that that is the correct
SQLSTATE to use. Perhaps more information to provide any useful
context could be in the info or hint areas?

-Kevin