Re: Not able to connect clients

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Vrushali Khavnekar <khavnekarva(at)LNTEBG(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Not able to connect clients
Date: 2008-10-14 13:01:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 14/10/2008 13:10, Vrushali Khavnekar wrote:

> I am not able to connect clients to the Server.
>
> I have done with the settings (Listen_Address) that are required on PostgreSQL.conf.
>
> Please suggest me what else i can do.

Well, you could start by showing us what happens when you try to connect
:-) - any error messages, etc.

Also, some things to check:

* Can you ping the server?
* Is the server actually running?
* Have you tried connecting with psql?
* Have you edited ph_hba.conf to allow connections from the necessary
user and/or host?

Ray.

rod(at)iol(dot)ie