Patch test for Win32 shared memory issue: Success

From: "Robert Walker" <r(dot)walker(at)mtcworldwide(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patch test for Win32 shared memory issue: Success
Date: 2009-07-27 13:16:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As per the following link,
http://blog.hagander.net/archives/149-Help-us-test-a-patch-for-the-Win32
-shared-memory-issue.html
<http://blog.hagander.net/archives/149-Help-us-test-a-patch-for-the-Win3
2-shared-memory-issue.html> ...I'd ran the patched 8.4 version and
PostgreSQL ran successfully without problems during some brief testing.
(I'm reporting my success here as requested by the article.) My test
platform is Windows XP SP2 32-bit, running on an Intel Centrino Duo
processor.

Robert Walker
Database Administrator / System Analyst
Materials Transportation Company
254-771-1204 ext 11
r(dot)walker(at)mtcworldwide(dot)com

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is
intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information
that is legally privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any
information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its
attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner. This
communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the
sender, the sender's employer, or the employer's parent company,
affiliates or subsidiaries.