Re: How to log whole query statement to relation?

From: David Flegl <ml_flegl(at)centrum(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to log whole query statement to relation?
Date: 2007-04-24 11:13:50
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
> I think, you can't do log the sql as text, but you can tools like
> 'tablelog' to obtain a similar behavior:

thank's for inspiration.

And another question. Is it possible to parse record type NEW? How could
one do something like (in trigger where new is set up):
text_var:=to_char(NEW)
So if NEW.at1='test' and NEW.at2=100 I will get string: 'test',100
But the problem is then if trigger is generally used for many tables, I
don't know number of elements and so on.

I know that for basic types is defined out function, and I may get this
behavior for example point type this way:
SELECT textin(point_out('(1,1)'::point))::varchar;

Thank's to help me...

David F