Re: sorted results on pgbuildfarm

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sorted results on pgbuildfarm
Date: 2007-03-27 15:40:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:
>> We can certainly provide a different view, or sort it by system name,
>> but I'm not sure that will actually show you what you want. If you want
>> to see the history on a particular system/branch, there is a separate
>> page for that - just click the system's name on the dashboard and it
>> takes you there. The URL is:
>>
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=<systemname>&br=<branchtag>
>>

> Nearly, but I'm not interested in individual systems.
>
> I'd like to see "which releases of Fedora build OK" or "what AIX
> versions work with the latest stable release?". That requires me to
> locate the systems which run AIX, which can only be determined by
> scanning the whole list.
>
> Not bothered what the UI is, just want to improve the value of the
> information that has been generated.

OK - I did a quick addition. If you add a sortby parameter to the query
it will sort case insensitively (within each branch, still) on the following

name, or
os/version, or
compiler/version

Examples:

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?sortby=name
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?sortby=os
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?sortby=compiler

Any other value, or a missing parameter, gives the current snapshot sort.

If that does what you want we can build in some links for them (probably
on column headings, as Michael suggests).

cheers

andrew