Re: control pg_hba.conf via SQL

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: BERTHOULE Emmanuel <pgdev(at)manberth(dot)homeip(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: control pg_hba.conf via SQL
Date: 2006-03-29 21:41:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

ISTM that the first requirement is for a sane API that will handle the
fact that HBA lines are ordered. Persistence in itself shouldn't be a
big problem - we already do that with some shared tables, iirc.

so we might have some functions like:

insert_hba_rule(at_position int, connection_type text, username text,
dbname text, cidr_host text, method text)
move_hba_rule(from_position int, to_position int)
delete_hba_rule(at_position int)

Inventing new SQL syntax might make things a bit tougher.

cheers

andrew