Re: compiling with RELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE doesn't pass regression

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: compiling with RELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE doesn't pass regression
Date: 2010-09-02 00:12:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have attached regression.diffs after a "make check". The diffs don't
> look trivial, and actually look quite strange to me.

BTW, if I dike out the flush_rowtype_cache call at relcache.c:1929,
the regression tests do pass for me, so it seems there is only one
bug exposed by this test (as of HEAD anyway). I don't find that
to be a credible real fix, though, as stated previously.

Once we do have a fix in place for this, it might be a good idea for
someone to run a buildfarm member with -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE ...