Re: RFC: roles

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: roles
Date: 2005-08-01 14:15:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

I'm thinking different here, because you're using roles and users in
different situations.
When editing roles, you're planning the access scheme layout without
necessarily having certain persons in mind. After the app is installed,
you won't touch roles any more.
In contrast, adding users and assigning them existing roles is a
day-by-day business. That's why I'd like them separated.

(BTW, the icons for Roles/Role are already done, so just use a
> placeholder for now).

I don't see them in SVN... :-)

Regards,
Andreas