Re: I am not sure this is a bug but I request help

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bulent Potur <bpotur(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I am not sure this is a bug but I request help
Date: 2004-12-12 16:54:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bulent Potur <bpotur(at)ttnet(dot)net(dot)tr> writes:
> [bpotur(at)bpntbk bpotur]$ postgres -s
> FATAL: XX000: failed to initialize DateStyle to "ISO, MDY"

> The platform is [gelecek kurumsal linux] (a fedora v2 clone in Turkish)

Turkish? Are you using a Turkish locale? If so this is probably the
infamous I/i problem. I believe we've got that fixed for 8.0, but there
isn't any simple solution in older versions ... other than not using
Turkish LC_CTYPE which you probably won't be happy with either. Search
the PG archives to see the workarounds people have used ("turkish"
should be a good search keyword).