Re: Mac OS X interface problems

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Maarten Engelen <maarten(at)jvonet(dot)nl>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Mac OS X interface problems
Date: 2004-12-19 17:59:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Maarten Engelen wrote:
> After finally having pgadmin running on Mac OS X I'm a bit troubled by
> some interface glitches. Especially the size of the windows is not very
> practical. Is there a way to enlarge the windows (for example the
> database settings dialog) so all the user interface components are visible?

If not all controls are visible completely, then there's something wrong
with wx code. All controls are sized in dialog units, which are
calculated relative to the current font. It's a common problem that some
controls don't obey the correct font setting (took a while until msw and
gtk was clean).
Please change the dialog font to something obviously different from the
default font, and post the resulting display so I can give hints which
controls might be faulty.

Regards,
Andreas