Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!

From: Michalis Kabrianis <mk(at)interzone(dot)gr>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please check Regional Contact Addresses!
Date: 2004-12-15 08:51:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Please check the addresses at:
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000047/13/contacts.txt
>
> And make sure that they are now correct and complete. We will be marking them
> up for web this week.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Josh,

I just wanted to make sure we're using the same information.
The Greek (Hellenic) mail address will be : el(at)postgresql(dot)org or
gr(at)postgresql(dot)org ?

The ISO 639-1 *LANGUAGE* code is 'el' while the ISO 3166 *COUNTRY* code
is 'gr'
ISO-639 : (available from ISO if you buy it)
http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html#two

ISO-3166 : (available from ISO for free)
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/list-en1.html

So, if we meen that correspondence with this mail will be in Greek, then
it should be 'el' while if we mean that anybody in Greece should contact
this mail, it should be 'gr'

The decision is yours of course, I'll just adjust the translations
accordingly.

Regards
Michalis