Re: refreshing object tree

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Miha Radej <miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: refreshing object tree
Date: 2004-10-25 12:50:57
Lists: pgadmin-support

Miha Radej wrote:
> hi!
>
> Andreas Pflug wrote:
>
>> Please describe *exactly* what and how you do the delete: which object
>> selected, menu/context menu/keyboard command etc.
>

> of course. this is the procedure:
> in the object tree i browse to the table listing. table count (in
> brackets) is 21, sequence count shows 20. click on the + sign to get the
> list of tables and delete a table by selecting it and clicking the
> "remove selected object" button / pressing delete key / via the "Edit"
> menu. in all 3 cases the table gets deleted, table count decreases to 20
> but sequence count remains at 20 also.
> if it is of any help i can also provide pictures of what i do or
> anything else if needed.

Ok seems I previously misunderstood your point. You're complaining about
the sequences display not updated when dropping a table with a serial
column. This is less than trivial, we'd have to follow all dependencies.
Apparently, dependency information display for columns isn't performed
correctly at the moment. Even after correction, you'll have to refresh
the Sequences node to update the information.

Regards,
Andreas