Re: casting BOOL to somthng

From: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: casting BOOL to somthng
Date: 2004-08-31 12:22:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

sad wrote:
> you wrote:
>

>>you can use CREATE CAST to make your own cast from boolean to text.
>

> thnx it helps.
>
> and i am still desire to know _WHY_ there are no predefined cast for BOOL ?
> and at the same time there are predefined casts for INT and FLOAT......

I'd like to understand in what context you would find this useful.
Don't take me wrong please. I'm by no means a db expert, but I can't
see a purpose for such a cast. Can you provide a reasonable example of
such usage?

Thanks.

--
Until later, Geoffrey Registered Linux User #108567
AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995