Re: pg_recvlogical --endpos

From: Euler Taveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_recvlogical --endpos
Date: 2016-11-19 02:04:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01-09-2016 01:41, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Here's a rebased version of my pg_recvlogical --endpos patch from the
> 9.5 series, updated to incoroprate Álvaro's changes.

I should review this patch in the other commitfest but was swamped with
work. The patch is almost ready but I have some points.

* We usually don't include itemlist into binary options. I suggest you
to add a new paragraph for the first item and the second one you could
add a note;
* I think you should add a small note explaining the 'endpos' behavior.
Also, I think endpos could be inclusive (since recovery also has this
behavior by default);
* I think there is a typo in those pieces of code:

+ if (endpos != InvalidXLogRecPtr && walEnd >= endpos)

+ if (endpos != InvalidXLogRecPtr && cur_record_lsn > endpos)

If you decide to be inclusive, it should be > otherwise >=.

There could be TAP tests for pg_recvlogical but it is material for
another patch.

I'll mark this patch waiting on author for your considerations.

--
Euler Taveira Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/