Re: Getting "connectby" installed

From: Nabil Sayegh <postgresql(at)e-trolley(dot)de>
To: Tim Wright <postgresql(at)icehawk(dot)freeserve(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Getting "connectby" installed
Date: 2003-10-06 12:41:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tim Wright wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get the "connectby" function installed, but not getting
> very far. The root problem is that I didn't really "install" pgsql
> originally, but used an RPM - as such I have no real idea how to modify
> the existing installation. I'm running Mandrake 9.1.

There must be an RPM containing the contribs.
Especially, if you already installed the base system by RPM, there MUST
be an additional RPM with the contribs.

Let's see:

http://rpmfind.net
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=postgresql-contrib&submit=Search+...

Hm, I can only find 7.2 RPMs
If your installed version is 7.2, then you _can't_ install connectby
(tablefunc) at all, since it is only supported in >=7.3

Ok, this is what I got from google:
http://www.google.de/search?q=cache:H2gKP4LRNNcJ:rpmfind.rediris.es/rpm2html/postgresql-contrib.html+mandrake+9.1+postgresql-contrib+7.3+rpm&hl=de&ie=UTF-8

Seems like a more up to date rpmfind:

So _maybe_ this package fits your needs:
ftp://ftp.rediris.es/sites/carroll.cac.psu.edu/mandrake/9.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/postgresql-contrib-7.3.2-5mdk.i586.rpm

I suggest testing the package on a testing machine.

HTH
--
e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539