Re: Profiling

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Profiling
Date: 2002-12-17 14:29:42
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 17 Dec 2002 at 8:20, Cory 'G' Watson wrote:
> By my math, I'll need to vacuum once every hour or so. Cron, here I
> come.
>
> vacuumdb --table cached_metrics loggerithim

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pgavd/projdisplay.php

Yeah, yeah.. I wrote that..and use CVS as usual. No release as yet..

> I assume I do not need a --analyze, since that table has no indexes.
> Should I vacuum the entire DB?

You need analyse to keep vacuum non-locking I assume. And there is no need to
vacuum entire DB.

HTH

Bye
Shridhar

--
paycheck: The weekly $5.27 that remains after deductions for federal
withholding, state withholding, city withholding, FICA, medical/dental, long-