Re: SQLDriverConnect

From: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: Annissa Melhenas <melhenas(at)cogenit(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQLDriverConnect
Date: 2002-06-26 15:13:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Annissa Melhenas wrote:

> Hi,all
>
> I'm quite new to postgres, and I'm trying to use it as an openldap backend.
> For that, i have to configure my openldap with the option --enable-sql, but I have the following error messages :
>
> checking for SQLDriverConnect in -liodbc... no
> checking for SQLDriverConnect in -lodbc... no
> configure: error: could not locate suitable ODBC library
>
> I don' know what liobdc and lidbc are, and I don't know what to do..
> can anybody help me?
>
> --
> Annissa,
> The computer slayer

I haven't used openldap, so I'm not sure, but I do know about PostgreSQL and
ODBC.

ODBC is a separate project than is PostgreSQL, chances are if you are on a UNIX
system, you do not have ODBC installed. ODBC is a conection management layer
that works on many databases.

hop on over to someplace like http://www.unixodbc.org and download the ODBC
system. This will satisfy the need for lodbc and provide SQLDriverConnect.