Select by priority again

From: Bernie Huang <bernie(dot)huang(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: PHP Database <php-db(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net>, PGSQL-SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Select by priority again
Date: 2000-07-24 18:20:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

Sorry about this, but I don't quite get previous postings regarding
select by prioriry.

I have the same question with my sql. I want to be able to select
cell_phone if there is one in the table; otherwise, I will select
work_phone.

table
------
id, name, address, cell_phone, work_phone,...

and I tried using "case when...end" but nope, it's not gonna work. Help
is needed. Thanks.

- Bernie

Attachment Content-Type Size
bernie.huang.vcf text/x-vcard 315 bytes