Damn bug!

From: Bernie Huang <bernie(dot)huang(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: PGSQL-BUGS <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PHP list <php-general(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net>
Subject: Damn bug!
Date: 2000-07-20 19:13:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

Sorry for the subject, but it is driving me crazy that I spend my entire
morning searching for this little bug. =(

Well, I found it.

I have a field using array (eg; col1 text[]) in Postgres, and it's a
list of attributes. (eg; {"hi","hello","whatever","Empty",...})

When I tried to update elements in the array via PHP script,

$query = "update table
set col1[1]='$var1',
col1[2]='$var2',
col1[4]='$var4'";

it worked alright; however, when it came to the word 'Empty', it just
wouldn't update. So, after a lot of struggle... )xp ... I finally
replaced the word 'Empty' with 'None' or something alike, and it worked!

Although this is a rare case, I thought I would just share this with you
so you won't get tripped over it. Don't know if it's a PHP bug or a
Postgres bug!

- Bernie

Attachment Content-Type Size
bernie.huang.vcf text/x-vcard 315 bytes