Re: Database Management/Design terms, glossary of

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: "Robert B(dot) Easter" <reaster(at)comptechnews(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Postgres Documentation List <docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database Management/Design terms, glossary of
Date: 2000-05-11 05:31:22
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> I'm studying database management on my own with a college text book, and along
> the way, I've been writing an html file using <dl> to create a definition list
> of terms from the book with my own elaborated explanations that breakdown the
> terseness. I am making examples, and procedures for some things, having to
> do with normal forms and other things.
> If a glossary of database design/management terms can fit into any of the
> PostgreSQL documentation, I'd be happy to offer it. What I have so far is at:
> http://www.comptechnews.com/~reaster/dbdesign.html

That would be a very nice addition to the docs. To incorporate the
info into the main docs we would simple modify the markup to
SGML/DocBook, then automatically format into hardcopy and html.

Please consider submitting it when you think it is ready. You might
also solicit contributions from others, to help share the load.

Regards.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California