Re: [HACKERS] sqgfault on initdb with current CVS

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, reedstrm(at)wallace(dot)ece(dot)rice(dot)edu, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] sqgfault on initdb with current CVS
Date: 2000-03-07 05:16:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > wallace$./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql7.0/ --with-pgport=6666 --enable-debug
> For some reason, current does not seem to allow "." in the
> $PGDATA. I'm no sure why this happens at all. I guess it intends to
> inhibit "./" or "../" for a security reason? If so, that would be
> apparently an overkill.

Bruce, can you add this item to the "must fix" list for the 7.0
release (hint hint - is it time to start that list?? ;)

Also, please add to the same list:

o implement the OVERLAPS date/time operator from SQL92 (Thomas)
o support TIME WITH TIME ZONE timezones in literals (Thomas)
o add support for full POSIX time zone specification (Thomas)

The POSIX time zone stuff is already in there, new for this release,
but needs to be polished to work with TZs away from GMT. The OVERLAPS
stuff is coded and being tested now; it just adds a few functions and
a bit of gram.y syntax.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California