Re: A doubt about java connection...

From: s0lao(at)netscape(dot)net (S(dot) L(dot))
To: sergrch(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A doubt about java connection...
Date: 2001-06-25 05:56:18
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

"Sergio Ramos" <sergrch(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello, Im trying to make a jdbc connection to a cygwin postgres database.
> The problem is that my java aplication is on windows I and made the database
> on cygwin postgres, I dont know what driver,url,password, and user to define
> for that the windows aplication see the cygwin database. Can you help me?
>

> Thanks in advance

http://jdbc.postgresql.org

There are no platform specifics. For your convenience:

a. URL:

jdbc:postgresql:database
jdbc:postgresql://host/database
jdbc:postgresql://host:port/database

b. Driver:

org.postgresql.Driver

c., d. Password/User:

Those who have access to your backend. Usually the user you've been logged with when executed the initdb command, without any password.

Success,
SLao