On Solaris 2.6...

From: "Michael J(dot) Maravillo" <mmj(at)sbgi(dot)com(dot)ph>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: On Solaris 2.6...
Date: 1999-06-11 00:16:45
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello,

I just want to share my experience compiling PostgreSQL...

PostgreSQL version: 6.5 (from CVS ~5 hours ago)
Operating system: Solaris 2.6
Machine: SPARC Ultra1 143MHz 64MB
gcc: 2.8.1
flex: 2.5.4
bison: 1.25

* I've been getting compiler errors with lex and yacc so I replaced
them with flex and bison, respectively. GNU tools were downloaded
from http://sunfreeware.com/.

Regression test results
=======================
strings .. failed <- ok: error msg diff
int2 .. failed <- ok: error msg diff
int4 .. failed <- ok: error msg diff
geometry .. failed <- ok: floating point diff
abstime .. failed <- ??: timezone shows PDT instead of
PST
tinterval .. failed <- ??: timezone shows PDT instead of
PST
horology .. failed <- ??: timezone shows PDT instead of
PST
constraints .. failed <- ok: error msg diff
errors .. failed <- ok: error msg diff

Output of "time make runtest" on regression directory (fsync off)
real 4m37.89s
user 0m3.76s
sys 0m3.98s

Cheers,