Re: [GENERAL] Full Text Searches

From: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
To: "PGSQL-General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Full Text Searches
Date: 1999-05-24 14:48:40
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Mon, 24 May 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > > What's it called? I only see some tcl frontend stuff. Despite my
> > > pessimism form the prior message, I am interested in a full text retrieval
> > > engine.
> >
> > It is called contrib/fulltextindex. Does someone want to suggest a
> > better name?
>
> I didn't see it on the ftp site. I only saw pgv and tcldb in the contrib
> directory.

Ah, here's the problem. Bruce means the contrib directory in the
source distribution, which is at the top level, right beside src
(were the core of postgresql lives). It's pgsql/contrib, if you
do a CVS checkout. I'm not sure where it ends up in various binary
packages. (/usr/lib/postgresql/contrib on my Debian Linux install,
for example, has parts of it, but not the whole thing.)

Ross
--
Ross J. Reedstrom, Ph.D., <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer