Re: [INTERFACES] problem with postgres example databse package install

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: robertC(at)opmr(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] problem with postgres example databse package install
Date: 1999-05-21 12:59:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> Hi I am having trouble installing the following package:
> http://rufus.w3.org/linux/RPM/rhcn/i386/postgresql-rhcn-data-6.4.2-3.i386.ht
> ml.

I don't know the origins of this RPM, but you can force an
installation by using

rpm -Uvh --force packagefilename

Since you've already uninstalled, this shouldn't cause more damage to
your rpm database (which btw shouldn't be sensitive to rpm package
contents??) and I would expect that it would uninstall cleanly
afterwards.

I usually add a "--test" option before forcing an installation, just
to catch any other potential problems.

Good luck.

- Thomas

South Pasadena, California