Troubles with the ODBC driver in the postgres distribution (standalone installation)

From: Pascal DAYRE <dayre(at)ipgp(dot)jussieu(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Troubles with the ODBC driver in the postgres distribution (standalone installation)
Date: 1999-02-11 11:06:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

(Sparc Ultra10, solaris 2.6, Postgres 6.4.2)

Hello everybody, can you help me?

I 've tried to install the ODBC driver like the description
in "PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide" guide (153-157).
I've tried the integrated installation and also the standalone
installation.

What is the compiler needed for C++? I have tried a GNU one and a
Solaris one?
What is the good version for GNU C++?

My compilations for standalone installation:

1> standalone installation with a GNU c++

cd interfaces/odbc

gmake standalone

rm -f psqlodbc-025.tar.gz
/bin/tar -chf psqlodbc-025.tar \
*.c *.h *.in Config.mk TODO.txt Version.mk config.guess config.sub
configure install-sh license.txt notice.txt odbcinst.ini psqlodbc.def
psqlodbc.rc readme.txt -C ../.. makefiles template Makefile.shlib
tar: Makefile.shlib: No such file or directory
gmake: *** [standalone] Error 1
[root(at)geosp15]tcsh(14)

How can I fix the problem?
What is the mistake?