Re: [INTERFACES] Re: pgaccess "exec" queries

From: Constantin Teodorescu <teo(at)flex(dot)ro>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Simon Shapiro <shimon(at)simon-shapiro(dot)org>, Andreas Klemm <andreas(at)klemm(dot)gtn(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, hasty(at)rah(dot)star-gate(dot)com
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: pgaccess "exec" queries
Date: 1998-03-25 10:55:02
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Simon Shapiro wrote:
>

> That will not make pgaccess understand non-SELECt SQL, I am afraid.
> It is good enough for now.

PgAccess handles "action queries", but only the saved ones.
Make a new action query, save it, and open it!!!
After a warning window, it will "pg_exec it" not "pg_select" it!

> > > Not sure if that is wise or not, considering that pgaccess has a
> > > new version released *much* more often then PostgreSQL itself, as new
> > > features are added to it...

I will solve this problem soon.

> Fine with me. Do you know why I can only SELECT from pgaccess query
> subwindow?

Lack of time :-(
I will look over the code, one of these days

> I do not, but I've CC'd this into the pgsql-interfaces list where the
> author tends to hang out...

No. Had some contracts to work on.
I always keep on eye on pgsql-interfaces and reply when someone in
trouble.
Had no time to develop further PgAccess (for the moment).

--
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA