Re: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb'

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de>
Cc: Dieter Schicker <dieter(dot)schicker(at)uni-graz(dot)at>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb'
Date: 2007-03-16 02:05:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de> writes:
> Dieter Schicker wrote:
>> postgresql-8.2.3 on a system running debian stable with kernel 2.6.8-2-686
>> Any ideas?

> No, but maybe an antiquated OS and up to date applications is not the
> best match. Debian stable is somewhere around PG 7.4.x.

But we were using SSL_CTX_set_client_cert_cb even in 7.4, and AFAICT
the function has existed in OpenSSL since 1999 or earlier.

I did some googling and found various people complaining of similar
build problems with completely Postgres-unrelated software that's using
OpenSSL, so it seems there's something a bit odd about that particular
function ... but I didn't find out what.