Re: unixODBC distribution installs newer odbcpsql libs

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unixODBC distribution installs newer odbcpsql libs
Date: 2002-02-05 10:52:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

--On Monday, February 04, 2002 23:28:16 -0500 Peter Eisentraut
<peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:

> Palle Girgensohn writes:
>
>> I installed the unixODBC at 02:31, and postgres odbc at 03:11...
>> (sic...), anyway, unixODBC apparently has support for postgresql built
>> in. Which distribution should I use and recommend?
>
> The PostgreSQL ODBC driver has seen a lot of work since 7.1. At first
> glance, it doesn't seem like unixODBC has merged up on those yet. The
> version number choice is bogus and can be ignored.

OK. I'm preparing the ports collection for FreeBSD, so I will have to add a
note about this, I guess... This would be very confusing for users. Maybe
we could bump the .so version number? Or perhaps, the unixODBC people be
pursuaded to merge up?

/Palle