Re: Can't createlang plpgsql

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Michael R(dot) Fahey" <mfahey(at)qilinlaw(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't createlang plpgsql
Date: 2001-10-14 16:20:38
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Michael R. Fahey" <mfahey(at)qilinlaw(dot)com> writes:
> I can't get pl/pgsql to install using creatlang. I've listed what I did
> and the messages I received.
> I'm running 7.1.3 configured as follows:

The error message you quote is not from 7.1's createlang, but 7.0
or before. Perhaps you have a version mixup?

In any case, creating a PL language is a two-step process: install a
function and then define the language. Evidently only the first of
these steps has gotten done. Try dropping the function by hand and
then trying again.