Re: Small fix for inv_getsize

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Small fix for inv_getsize
Date: 2000-11-02 16:49:38
Lists: pgsql-patches

Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com> writes:
> Just realized that inv_getsize is a little bit wrong :-)). It just get the
> first page, not last
> Here is the patch which will fix the behavior.

No it doesn't; it's a loop, and your patch will change nothing. Your
original version tried to stop after fetching one tuple, which was
wrong because of visibility considerations.

Now that I think about it, this code could do a two-key scan backwards
and stop after finding the first (last) valid tuple, but that's more
than a one-line change.