Re: TPC-R benchmarks

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mary Edie Meredith <maryedie(at)osdl(dot)org>
Cc: Oleg Lebedev <oleg(dot)lebedev(at)waterford(dot)org>, Jenny Zhang <jenny(at)osdl(dot)org>, pgsql-performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TPC-R benchmarks
Date: 2003-09-29 16:26:21
Lists: pgsql-performance

Mary Edie Meredith <maryedie(at)osdl(dot)org> writes:
> Valid TPC-R benchmark results are on the TPC web site:
> http://www.tpc.org/tpcr/default.asp
> I do not see one for PostgreSQL.

I'm pretty certain that there are no TPC-certified test results for
Postgres, because to date no organization has cared to spend the money
needed to perform a certifiable test. From what I understand you need
a pretty significant commitment of people and hardware to jump through
all the hoops involved...