Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Regression Test Problems (Revisited)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Regression Test Problems (Revisited)
Date: 2001-03-31 22:45:45
Lists: pgsql-ports

"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> Oh I found the same description yesterday though I've had no time
> to test it. If your patch resolves *hang*, it may be the right solution
> at least for cygwin port.

It seems clear that it's a good idea for fe-misc.c to check the
exceptfds bit as well as read/write ready --- I'm surprised we have not
seen problems associated with that on other platforms. I think it
should check exceptfds all the time, regardless of whether we are
waiting to read or to write.

I'm inclined to also accept Jason's change to do the connect() in
blocking mode on Cygwin. If we do both of those things, have we
resolved the issue on Cygwin, or is there still a problem?