Re: Error in creating the backend query

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error in creating the backend query
Date: 2009-07-29 22:43:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Benjamin Krajmalnik" <kraj(at)illumen(dot)com> writes:
> Below is the full stored procedure.

All I can do is repeat that plpgsql does not behave that way. It never
has AFAIR, and it most definitely doesn't in any version new enough to
recognize the COST option to CREATE FUNCTION (ie, 8.3 and up). In fact,
I don't believe that commands executed in a plpgsql function will get
logged at all in 8.3 or later --- they are not according to my tests.

Perhaps you are running some largely hand-hacked local version of plpgsql?
Perhaps you're just confused about what's generating the log entry?