Re: shared-memory based stats collector

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com, masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com, gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: shared-memory based stats collector
Date: 2021-07-27 01:27:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2021-07-26 17:52:01 +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> > > Yeah, thank you very much for checking that. However, this patch is
> > > now developed in Andres' GitHub repository. So I'm at a loss what to
> > > do for the failure..
> >
> > I'll post a rebased version soon.
>
> (Sorry if you feel being hurried, which I didn't meant to.)

No worries!

I had intended to post a rebase by now. But while I did mostly finish
that (see [1]) I unfortunately encountered a new issue around
partitioned tables, see [2]. Currently I'm hoping for a few thoughts on
that thread about the best way to address the issues.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

[1] https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/tree/shmstat
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210722205458.f2bug3z6qzxzpx2s%40alap3.anarazel.de