Re: initdb errors, postgresql-8.0-beta

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: S Murthy Kambhampaty <smk_va(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb errors, postgresql-8.0-beta
Date: 2004-08-28 16:37:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

S Murthy Kambhampaty <smk_va(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I was able to successfully compile
> postogresql-8.0-beta (make check reporteed "Passed all
> 96 tests"). However, it appears that postresql was
> compiled with the wrong value of --pkglibdir: rather
> than libdir = $PREFIX/lib it was compiled with libdir
> = $PREFIX/bin/lib, but make install put "lib/" in
> $PREFIX/lib.

Did you invoke any of the build steps with a relative path (eg,
"../configure")? There are some known problems in beta1 with
reducing relative paths to absolute. I think this probably
explains your issue, though I did not see that specific misbehavior
while investigating the bug. Should be fixed in beta2.